Are you in a quest to find the best exercises for flat tummy and hips because you are finding it difficult to fit into your favourite black dress? Do you get stressed looking at your belly fat in the mirror while getting ready every morning? If yes, now is the time to do something about it seriously and start your exercises for a flat tummy and hips journey.
Exercises for a flat tummy and hips are possibly the very first set of exercises everyone learns because a flat stomach and abs are the first desires of every teen belly fat does not only looks bad, but it is also a storehouse of many internal problems such as diabetes, heart diseases and more and it accumulates between your organs like the stomach and intestines. This produces toxins that affect the functioning of your organs and puts you at a high risk of diseases like Type 2 Diabetes.
Bigger thighs and a smaller waistline are possible, with diet and exercises for a flat tummy and hips even though spot reduction is a fitness myth. Working in both areas can be time-consuming. Instead, opt-in for exercises that work your tummy and hips at the same time. Choose strength exercises to tighten your abdominal muscles and build your hips.
Getting your desired body is not that complicated if you discipline yourself, you will not need to hire a fitness instructor or pay for a gym or buy fancy equipment since we are going to show you some exercise tips to help you get that dream body of yours in this article. Call it your flat tummy workout plan and you can also create a diet to go along with it.
Exercises For A Flat Tummy And Hips
These are some of the best exercises for a flat tummy and hips for women.
(exercises for A flat tummy and hips) – Sit-ups Exercise:
The sit-up exercise is the most popular workout for a flat stomach. The famous sit-up is an exercise made to build abdominal strength, with so many other benefits, it is easy for you to get lazy with it. Some people engage in a sit-up challenge to stay disciplined and driven. Sit-ups don’t have to be done every day. The benefit of sit-ups is that they train your abdomen in terms of endurance and strengthen and tone your abdominal muscles.
How To Perform The Sit-up Exercise.
- You start lying with the back on the floor, typically with the arms on the chest or behind the head and the knees bent in an attempt to reduce stress on the back muscles and spine.
- Elevate both the upper and lower vertebrae from the floor until everything superior to the buttocks is not touching the ground.
(exercises for A flat tummy and hips) – Lateral Step-up Exercise:
The lateral step-up is a variation of the step-up that better replicates a squatting motion than the traditional step-up. This exercise works your glutes, quads, and hamstrings while stabilizing and strengthening your core.
How To Perform The Lateral Step-up Exercise.
- With both hands, hold a dumbbell or weighted plate in front of your chest.
- Stand with a bench or box to your right side.
- Bend your knee, and place your right foot on the bench.
- Stand up straight, tapping your left foot on the bench.
- Slowly lower your left foot back down to the floor.
- Do 2–3 sets of 8–15 repetitions on both sides.
You can increase the intensity or effect of this exercise by increasing the weight.
Read Also: Exercise For Pregnant Women
(exercises for A flat tummy and hips) – Twist Crunch Exercise:
Twist crunch is a form of crunch workout. Some people also look to crunches to reduce their tummy fat. The crunch is one of the most popular abdominal exercises, it primarily works the rectus abdominal muscle and also works the obliques. These twist crunch can be performed on exercise balls or holding weights, this increases the difficulty of the exercise, adds more load on the abdomen and gives quicker results of a flat tummy and hips.
How To Perform The Twist Crunch Exercise.
- The twist crunch begins with lying face-up on the floor with your knees bent.
- You begin to crunch by simply lifting one shoulder at a time towards the pelvis.
- The hands can be behind or beside the neck or crossed over the chest in a situation whereby you are doing the crunches without holding any weight.
(exercises for A flat tummy and hips) – Step Climbing Exercise:
Step climbing is one of the most basic but effective ways to tighten and tone your glutes and hips while getting a cardio workout at the same time.
How To Perform The Twist Crunch Exercise.
- Jog or run-up to the top of the steps and then walk back down.
- Try to repeat for up to 5 minutes.
- You can also use a StairMaster or step machine at the gym.
(exercises for A flat tummy and hips) – Plank Exercise:
Plank workouts are tough but great for achieving that flat stomach. The plank became popular as a social media challenge, who knew a plank exercise would have such good benefits. The plank exercise is an isometric core strength exercise that involves maintaining a position similar to a push-up for the maximum possible time. The plank exercise strengthens the abdominals, back, and shoulders. Planking for beginners is not easy. It is often advised that beginners should hold their plank position for 3 to 5 breaths. The most common plank exercise is the front plank which is held in a push-up-like position, with the body’s weight borne on forearms, elbows, and toes. Many variations exist such as the side plank and the reverse plank.
How To Perform The Plank Exercise.
- Begin planking by kneeling and extending your body forward.
- Place your palms on the surface parallel to your shoulders, and band the end of your elbows to rest on your forearm.
- Extend your legs backwards and feel your body become a plank.
This exercise strengthens your hips, thighs, and glutes, stabilizing your pelvic muscles and easing tension in your lower back. When you’ve mastered the basic pose, try out a few variations.
How To Perform The Clamshell Exercise.
- Lie on your side with your knees bent and a resistance band around your lower thighs.
- Lift your top leg as high as possible and then hold.
- Lower to the starting position.
- Do 1-3 sets of 8-15 reps.
(exercises for A flat tummy and hips) – Leg Lifts Exercise:
Leg lifts are another great workout for a flat tummy and hips. There are different types of leg lift workouts such as single-leg lifts, standing leg lifts etc. The leg lift is a strength training exercise which targets interior hip flexors. This exercise is good for tummy workouts because the abdominal muscles are used to stabilize the muscles during the motion, strengthening the rectus muscle and the internal and external oblique muscles. Leg lifts can be done with weights and have their benefits. This exercise can also be done in different positions such as lying down, standing, sitting or traction.
How To Perform The Leg Lifts Exercise
- The regular lying leg lift is done by first lying flat on your back.
- Place your arms stretched by your side.
- Lift both legs gently off the ground, put them down and repeat.
Read Also: Kegel Exercises For Men
(exercises for A flat tummy and hips) – Jump Squats Exercise:
The jump squats are a is in form of the normal squats exercise we know, the only difference is that you add jumps while squatting for strength training.
How To Perform The Jump Squats Exercise
- Position yourself in a basic squat with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Keep your weight on your heels and squat until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- From this position, raise and squat again.
- Repeat for 30 seconds or 10-12 sets.
(exercises for A flat tummy and hips) – Bench Dip Exercise:
The dip or push-up is an exercise used in strength training. The bench dip places more emphasis on the stomach muscles because the exercise requires and trains upper body strength.
How To Perform The Bench Dip Exercise
- To perform a dip, the exerciser places their hands behind them on a bench, parallel to the floor, with their legs extended forward.
- Then lowers their body until their arms are bent to a 90-degree angle at the elbows, and then lift their body, returning to the starting position and repeat
- Short people can cope better with a narrower grip, but not with a wider one.
These are also known as lateral lunges and are variations of forwarding lunges. They focus mainly on the lower thigh and hip areas.
How To Perform The Side Lunges Exercise
- Stand with your feet apart.
- With your body straight and core tightened, take a wide step to the right and squat down.
- Lower your body until your thigh is parallel to the floor.
- Pause and then push off with your left foot and return.
- Repeat on both sides 12-16 times.
Strengthening and stretching the muscles in this area will improve stability and flexibility, as well as prevent injury. Additionally, shedding fat and building more muscle mass can help you achieve a more sculpted look.
If you are trying to lose the flab around your waist you have to start by eating a fibre-rich diet and be sure to restrict excess sugar intake. This may include sugar in colas and cold coffees too. Stay away from processed food as they may already be loaded with trans fats. In addition to conscious eating, you need to have an active lifestyle. Take out 30 minutes from your busy schedule every day to walk, play sports, swim or indulge in any activity that makes you move around. Burning calories is key to reducing abdominal fat.
A slim waist and thighs look great when you step out in a new dress or pair of jeans. To get a slimmer midsection and legs you must perform an aerobic exercise to lose fat and strength training exercises to tone your muscles. A combination of the two will help you develop the perfect physic you desire. A healthy diet full of fresh fruits, vegetables, lean protein, and healthy fats (like avocado and olive oil) is critical to getting a flat stomach.
These 10 exercises for a flat tummy and hips listed above are sure to help you build that perfect body you dream of as long as you remain consistent with them for 1-2 months, and maintain a healthy diet. It is also a great way of keeping fit and healthy.
You do not necessarily need to perform all 10 of them, you can select a few which will be convenient for you, draft out a two or three months workout plan with at least 2-3 days break every week combined with a good diet and before you know it, you’ll achieve the perfect body physic you always dreamed of.
Read Also: 7 Side Effects of Not Drinking Enough Water